As the first step to plan your cruise we kindly ask you to carefully review below short guide.
Starting from 2012 year Russian Government has implemented a number of regulations that simplifies procedures for foreign flagged yachts to visit Russian inland waterways and navigate inside it. These decrees allow to avoid in advance special Government cruise authorization and to avoid Custom’s tax for temporary import of the yacht to territory of Russia.
Though the procedures were facilitated, there are still numerous limitations and requirements which covers pre-arrival, clearance and navigation arrangements.
The yacht and persons onboard shall meet below general requirements in order to comply with simplified procedures:
- All persons onboard shall be in possession of valid Russian visas.
- The number of persons onboard shall not exceed 18 people on arrival and during the cruise.
- The yacht shall not be used for commercial purposes on the territory of Russia.
- The navigation along the river requires Navigator to know Russian language due to frequent VHF communication with shore authorities and other vessels. Therefore there is following regulation for pilotage for foreign flag vessels and foreign Captains:
1 Russian speaking Navigator (in possession of valid river navigation certificate issued by Russian auth.) shall be onboard in case the passage during the day does not exceed 12 hours.
2 Russian speaking Navigators (in possession of valid river navigation certificate issued by Russian auth.) shall be onboard in case the passage during the day exceeds 12 hours.
- Licensed pilot will be additionally required for partly areas which are determined by Russian River Code.
- The yacht shall be equipment for passage by river portable VHF radio, 2 portable flashlights lamps, river charts, atlases and other paperwork required by River authorities.
Our team will be indeed pleased to take care about all required pre-arrival formalities, to plan your personal itinerary, arrange fast clearance and to support your voyage on 24/7 basis. We welcome you for a very enjoable cruise along Russian inland waterways!
Very truly yours,
Inland Waters Team